Awesome Miner uses rules to define actions to be performed when a certain condition (trigger) is met.
There are two kind of rules:
- Predefined rules: These rules are included in Awesome Miner and cannot be removed, only disabled.
The actions of a predefined rule can be modified, but only limited changes to the triggers are allowed.
- User defined rules: These rules are defined by the user of Awesome Miner and both triggers and
actions can be fully configured.
The configuration of rules are performed in the Options dialog, illustrated below.
Configure a rule
This section describes the settings that can be configured for a specific rule.
A rule consists of one or more triggers and one or more actions. If the conditions of the triggers are met,
all the defined actions will be performed.
The rule configuration dialog where triggers and actions can be configured are displayed below.
Configuration of the name of the rule and selection of which miners the rule should apply to.
Configuration of triggers for the rule. One or more triggers can be added.
These are the supported trigger types:
- Check statistics: Trigger on miner statistics like accepted, rejected and HW errors.
- Offline detection: Trigger if a miner goes offline.
- Detect dead/sick devices: Trigger if a device (for example a GPU) is either sick or dead.
- Device temperature: Trigger if the temperature of a device (for example a GPU) is either too high or too low.
- Time: Trigger on a specific time, day or on a regular interval.
- Detect miner API connection established: Trigger when the API connection to a miner is established.
- C# Script: Develop a custom C# script to define a trigger. For advanced users only.
If Match all is selected, the conditions for all triggers must be met to trigger the actions.
If Match at least one is selected, only the conditions for at least one trigger must be met.
These are the supported actions types:
- Create notification: Creates an information or warning notification. If the notification configuration is set to display desktop notifications and/or send e-mail messages, these actions will also be performed
- Send e-mail: Send an e-mail message
- Run executable: Run an external application or command
- Miner command: Send a command to the miner(s), for example to start, stop, restart, reboot computer or to change pool
- Device command: Send a command to the miner(s) to change device settings, for example to enable or disable a GPU or ASIC device or to change GPU speed
- SSH command: Send SSH commands to either the miner(s) or to any other computer with SSH enabled
- Antminer command: Change Antminer frequency
- Wait: Wait a specified number of seconds before the next action is executed.
- C# Script: Develop a custom C# script that will be executed.