Awesome Miner uses rules to define actions to be performed when a certain condition (trigger) is met. Find out more about rules in the article
Introduction to Rules
In this example, we will use the rule concept to schedule Antminer frequency changes based on the current time. In this example we will configure the following:
- 9 AM - 6 PM: 500 MHz
- 6 PM - 9 AM: 600 MHz
We need to define two rule for this. The first rule should be triggered at 9 AM and set the frequency to 500 MHz. The second rule should be triggered at 9 PM and set the
frequency to 600 MHz. Follow the steps below:
- Open the Options dialog in Awesome Miner and navigate to the Rules section
- Click Add to add a new user defined rule
- In the Edit Rule dialog, enter a descripion like: Day time rule 500MHz
- By default the rule will be applied for all miners defined in Awesome Miner. To select specific miners only, check Only apply to selected miners and click Select...
- Add a new trigger by clicking the Add button in the Triggers section, and select Time...
- Set Trigger on time to: 9 AM and click OK
- Add a new action by clicking the Add button in the Actions section, and select Antminer command....
The dialog will be identical to the manual change dialog described earlier.
- Enter SSH username and password. The default username is root and the default password is admin
- Awesome Miner will automatically detect if you are using S7, S9 or a mix, so in typical cases, leave the Auto detect feature enabled
- Specify the frequency 500 MHz
- Click OK to save the action
The configured rule should look like illustrated below. Click OK to save the rule.
- Now we will add the second rule. Click Add to add a new user defined rule
- Add this rule in a similar way as the previous, but with the following changes:
- In the Edit Rule dialog, enter a description like Night time rule 600MHz
- When defining the Time trigger, set the trigger time to: 6 PM
- When defining the Antminer Frequency, set it to 600MHz
The second configured rule should look like illustrated below. Click OK to save the rule.
- The final step is important. In order for the rules to be active, the checkbox for each of the two rules must be checked like in the illustration below. Click OK to save all changes.